Custom Development of the “Carport Configurator”
We ourselves our toughest critics when it comes to software quality. Our high standards should not only be met in our shared components like described in our first blog post but also in other highly customized applications.
As every customer is unique we are always working hard to make their ideas and wishes come true. Today we want to present to you our custom “Carport Configurator” in more detail.
We recently launched a new website for Zimmerei Lochner. One of their wishes to set a special focus on carports since they are part of their core business. We had a workshop together to think of a different possibilites and ended up with the idea of a creating a wizard: the user is able to configure his dream carport step by step. The goals were as follows:
- Clear and responsive design, working on mobile and on desktop
- Total price forecast all the way during the single steps
- All configuration steps are optional and contain useful default settings
- Contact form in the last step to be able to make a non binding inquiry
- Automatic saving to prevent loss and allow the user to continue the configuration at any time
- Possibility to share the configuration
- Seamless integration in the website
To estimate costs we broke the requirements down into small tasks which eases estimating the effort for the implementation. This allows us to present the progress to our customer in small increments. Thereby, we are able to consider and implement feedback already during development.
By now, the first version of the carport configurator has been released. We are happy about the positive feedback we received and we are curious how potential customers will react to it.
Are you also interested in a new website or custom application for your business? Do not hesitate to contact us using our contact form or by email.